Industrial separation systems
Eddy Current metal separation systems for the waste disposal and recycling industries
BM supplies the range of new generation Eddy Current non-ferrous metal separation systems for use in, for example, the waste disposal and recycling industries. Through the introduction of a completely new 18-pole magnet cylinder, the efficiency is greatly improved. In many applications, the separation can almost reach 100%. In recent tests in the glass recycling industry, the efficiency reached 99.8%.
As well as the new generation of Eddy Current metal separation systems, BM supplies systems equipped with the conventional 12-pole magnet cylinder. These systems are suitable for removing non-ferrous particles greater than 9 mm. The metal separators with the new generation magnet cylinder are optimised to separate particles greater than 2 mm.
The table below contains the standard range of Eddy Current systems. Systems with non-standard dimensions and/or specifications on request.
All non-ferrous metal separation systems are supplied as standard with:
- continuously adjustable conveyor belt speed from 0 to 2 m/s;
- continuously adjustable induction cylinder speed from 0 to 3000 rpm;
- conveyor belt with idlers equipped with dust seals on both sides;
- switch box for connection to the electricity supply;
- vibration sensors for detecting imbalances;
- double emergency stop switches on both sides of the machine;
- belt tracking control;
- internal magnet cylinder protected with the use of special plastics.
A detailed brochure about BM Eddy Current metal separation systems is available on request.